One of the most popular appetizers of Indian cuisine, Chicken Tikka is a real gem for those who enjoy eating non-vegetarian foods. However, it is a popular dish that you can get everywhere. Tikka actually means when a portion of food is cut into cubes or grilled to perfection. To prepare the delicious tikka chicken, marinate it for a longer period. This way your tikka will be succulent and juicy.
Another important thing in this recipe is that the curd should hang curdled. If you are using a normal curd, you may need to beat it to make it thick. The ideal way is to prepare the chicken tikka in tandoor and, if you do not have a tandoor in your home, you can roast them in the tandoor oven, which has been used in this recipe. Also, do not forget to brush the tikka with a little mustard oil while cooking, as it will give a little smoke flavor.
The ingredients needed to prepare this tikka recipe are boneless chicken, curd, mustard oil, ginger and garlic paste, gram flour (kiss) and a mixture of authentic Indian spices along with onion and pepper cubes. It is also a popular choice to finish the meal during Ramadan. Then, prepare this delicious chicken tikka at home. Impress your loved ones with this delicious recipe and enjoy.
- 800 gm chicken boneless
- 1 cup hung curd
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ginger paste
- 2.5 tablespoon gram flour (Besan)
- 2 Onion
- 1/2 tablespoon kasoori methi powder
- teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 pinches powdered black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- salt as required
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 pinches powdered turmeric
- 3 tablespoon mustard oil
- 1/2 capsicum (green pepper)
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic paste
How to make Sizzling Chicken Tikka
- Wash the boneless chicken and dry it. Next, cut the chicken into small pieces. Combine diced chicken with yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, salt, garam masala, red chili powder, black pepper powder, methi kasoori powder, and turmeric and stir until well covered.
- Mix well and then the mustard oil. Then add, gram flour and chaat masala and mix once more. Once the marinade is done, try a little and adjust the seasonings. Let marinate, covered, to spend the night in the refrigerator. The more marines the chicken, the more succulent and juicy it will be. Then, wash the green and red pepper, and cut them into cubes in a small bowl. Then, peel the onion and cut it into cubes in a separate bowl. Keep them aside until required.
- Remove the marinated chicken from the refrigerator and add the diced vegetables in it. Let marinate for 10-15 minutes and cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil or a baking sheet. Place a rack on this baking sheet to roast the chicken tikka. Take skewers and put the marinated chicken along with the peppers and onion cubes. Place them alternately and place these skewers in the rack. Make sure there is space under the chicken to help distribute heat more evenly. (Note: Preheat the oven to 250 degrees Celsius to roast the chicken tikka for a minimum of 15 minutes).
- Add the baking sheet in the hot oven and cook the tikka for about 20-30 minutes until tender. You can check after 15 minutes to check if the chicken is half done. Make sure that the chicken pieces are not so large, otherwise, it will take more time to cook and the vegetables will be burned for that moment. After 20-25 minutes, turn the skewers to cook at all ends. Once done, serve with green chutney.